Thursday, December 18
 
Everytime I look at Verbal Virtuose I just see Verbal Verbose.

Yeah I know LOTR can't be considered sequels in the strictest sense of the word, but as I mentioned, that's only because they were filmed/written that way. I mean, Peter Jackson could have just decided to film the 3 books as one large movie (like the cartoon) or maybe film Hobbit as part 1, and split LOTR into 2. But, errr I lost my point.

Also: KOTOR is probably not the same as "The Dig", but tell that to the kids who grew up with KOTOR instead of Dig. But then again, also remember that, at the very least, it is a return to greatness.

Leadership:
Now, having been in positions of leadership before, I know how much it just totally SUCKS. Especially if you go in with the wrong mindset, or you're just not meant for it. Also, having been under positions of leadership before, I know how much leaders totally SUCK. First let it be also known that I'm not a good leader myself.

Look at it this way: Leaders are there not only to lead, but to serve. That much not many leaders understand, only the good ones. It might sound silly to some, but that is how it is. Unless you happen to be herding a group of miscanthropic llamas from the andes, then, well, you don't actually have to serve them cos no matter what they just keep spitting back at you. But that usually isn't the case, cos spitting is a crime and we don't want to be caught by the ISD (shudder me).

Leaders sometimes are chosen for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps sometimes they are chosen because they have an imposing stature or a very deep booming voice! That way, Darth makes a good leader, and we can see how he led the empire. But of course, if the big show was a good leader he'd be marrying Shane McMahon or something. I mean, seriously (not my strongest suit), that is all just a surface thing, and it'll fall to bits sooner than you can correct all the spelling mistakes in my blog.

Sometimes they are chosen because they can lick balls/pussy VERY well! Good for them! Keep licking, and keep me feeling disgusted.

Sometimes they are chosen because they are most talented in their field! This really happens all the time... perhaps in the vain hope that their skills will permeate around and then cause everybody to be equally talented. (then all can become leaders). Or perhaps it's in the hope that since they're good, they know what kind of standards to achieve and how to coerce and force everybody to behave the same way! Let's hear it up for the automaton choir!

Sometimes it's because they are scholars. That, my friends, is the WORST kind of leader EVER. THE UTTERMOST CRAP. Just think about it. I am too disgusted by how the lives of our men are wasted away while scholars become officers and then proceed to mismanage everything. All this utter inability is stunning to say the least.

Not everybody can be leaders. Some pander to their men too much and end up being trodden all over to the point that he can no longer command respect. Some are overly strict, and end up being hated. Some just utterly suck (SCHOLARS WHO THINK YOU'RE GREAT LEADERS CAN YOU READ THIS IT'S IN SOME KIND OF ENGLISH SO I HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LOUSY FOR YOU OR IF YOU'RE A CHINESE SCHOLAR: NI HAO MA? FA KE YU! VIETNAMESE: SHING SHUNG FARK YU! But no I don't hate all of you, but some of you really do no justice to that piece of paper you have.)

It's not easy leading anyway. Sometimes not everybody wants to follow. Some people are just hobbyists in the whole anarchist thingamajig, or some people, apparently, have 2 left ears. No matter what command you give, they just CANNOT listen right. It's really quite infuriating, but of course you take it out with the wall you smash when you're stressed.

I think I've lost my mind somewhere along here. Basically, there are good and bad leaders, and obviously there are VERY WRONG WAYS of selecting leaders, but not everybody even understands that. And of course sycopantry blinds the selectors even more. That is sad.

And I have nothing against scholars. Really! But I totally agreed with one minister who said that the scholars are bringing the country down in a sense. Somehow you suddenly expect the muggertoads to be great leaders. I don't see how. (Remember, not all scholars are muggertoads, and not all muggertoads are bad.) Somehow, somehow... it's just sad to me.

Dear reader, if you're ever put in a position of leadership, please do it well, and if you can't step down. It's not a loss of face. It's for the greater good. The moment you feel a wall of discontent, ASK WHY. And if you're ever a follower, try to remember that leadership isn't easy at all and there are too many positions to fill for too little good leaders. Sometimes you have to make do with the inadequet.

And my bad speeeling. (And if I wasn't brash and abrasive this blog wouldn't be as fun to read, I think.)

  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

ARCHIVES
December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 December 2006 January 2007

Stuff
Viv
Sam
Kakita
Pete
Raydance
Dexter