Sunday, December 21
 
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Now, if that title just doesn't scream to be watched already... will Jude Law help? If it rocks your boat there's also Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie. And a certain Bai Ling whose name I just cannot place. That and Giovanni Ribisi. A joy to watch, always. Dogfights and over the top CG... add to that.. it's not done by Americans! (I think they're French, or if enough CM4 playing has helped, Dutch). Maybe American immigrants? Ah, I dunno.

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra

This might also be interesting if only for how stupid it actually is.

and of course, Eternal Sushine of the Spotless Mind

That just needs to be watched. Really. Totally. It's amazing how Jim Carrey can really push himself in dramatic roles by actually looking LESS rubbery. Somehow the academy never notices. Truman Show, you should have won everything. Peter Weir too.

Anybody up for Master and Commander? Please?

And of course, the Spiderman 2 Trailer is now out SO GO AND WATCH NOW. If you can't find the trailer, you're a loser, and you should go watch other easier to access trailers. That, and now that I've watched it in it's 17" glory (instead of the dinky version the last time) I can comment properly. It's interesting, the casting of Alfred Molina as Doc Ock... It's really good. He's tubby enough without having to cause Molina too much heart problems (IMO) and his hairstyle is updated, but yet so... Doc Ock. It's great. I have problems with the how the car flies in at the beginning tho. It's a little wrong. Not a VERY STRONG trailer in all accounts, but let's hope they save the best. I'll watch it already. For sure.

In other news, I am now prettier than thou art. Even after warnings of extreme pain and twitching, I still went (really, THANKS to my mom. Egads) and am now part of the metrosexual club. I am so ashamed. But pretty. Pretty ashamed I guess... and I now have to go back for another session. Good thing is they took out a lot of gunk including what was troubling me. Please do not trouble me about all this.

Ah, no more black heads. (Which was not what was troubling me. It was troubling my mom.)

In other news, I stayed over at Raffles the Plaza last night. It's interesting, the sensation of how you still can feel like such a tourist... a stranger, even in Singapore. Maybe I just don't go out enough. Hotel stays are fun cos they have cable tv and hence football, and movies like Black Hawk Down, Forrest Gump and The Sweetest Thing (which wasn't so sweet, but heck, Cameron Diaz). 2 things of note is probably the sign languange choir, which was very charming (and I finally know how to count properly which was a problem for a long time) and... err... eating crepes? MMMMM... creepy crepes. Also, saw a lot of stars like Lim Kay Siu and Selena Tan picking out Christmas trees (I think it was her) and just 2 shops away were Shiek Heikel (STOP LAH-ING YOU IDIOT) and Julie Wee, looking heavily made up and also making me wonder if I was a stranger. Probably am, being not very remarkable or memorable. Sometimes it's good to blend in.

But... back to coding. This is really pulling teeth. (Or black heads. The pain was overrated.)

  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

ARCHIVES
December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 December 2006 January 2007

Stuff
Viv
Sam
Kakita
Pete
Raydance
Dexter