Tuesday, January 27
If I stopped trying I might win
 
Ah, another lazy Tueday afternoon. I can't really recall how much work I did today, but yeah it's mostly wasted time once again. I think I shall ban myself from running anything else other than winamp on tuesdays.

It's fun to see that, for my IT1001 tutorial, I'm basically going in with quite a few people I know already (all 6.5 of them). This might turn out to be a pretty fun tutorial, except for one thing: it does seem that our tutor sounds a little... strict, to say the least. Let's hope he's not how he sounds like. He does seem to be taking nice steps to make sure the group knows each other, but I wish he didn't put my "testimonial" right at the top. It's... scary. Especially with that shit-ugly photo of myself. Egads. But, I must strive to get noticed, and perhaps get a good testimonial this time: small tutorial groups help ensure that I hope.

At least I'll feel comfortable, and not lonely and isolated. It hurts. Suddenly just one or 2 days back, the very feeling of being totally out of it just suddenly fell over me. A miasma (lousy philo reference). I don't really know what brought it along, sadly. It's not a great feeling, but I know it well. I think I might be too caught up in all this, but yeah, it's all fine now. Maybe I've spent too many days without Sam (yes I know it wasn't even a week). Maybe it's how I suddenly feel out of everybody's loop: that suddenly everybody's off to do their own thing and I'm still standing where I was waiting to continue doing stuff I thought I was doing with them. Maybe I shouldn't even feel that way, but it's just an impression I get, nobody telling me anything. But that's over now. One thing I know is to stop waving my arms and ranting and shouting each chance I get. It's not working.

One think I know is that I think I've found something to look out for: Biology. Biodiversity is great fun. It truly makes you want to sit down and just inspect specimens the whole day, trawling the sees, triapsing through the Amazon... things like that. Nothing but the shirt on your back and some water. And a guide, preferably. Just exploring, and maybe finding something new. The missing link. Or a leech for a pet. Chasing an animal across the plains, the hills and dales, or in the desert rain.

I wonder if that's what's going to happen. I can't see my future, no.

One thing I can see is silly emails. Not silly silly though, rather, an interesting fun kind of not-silly. Maybe this belongs closer to the IT paragraph, but here it is: people emailing people to join their IT group. Fun, isn't it? Of course I do have my own group, but we'll have to see the group size too. Interesting turn of events.

Watching Dogma today, other than providing one big laugh at a point I forgot, reminded me of philosophy... when Chris Rock mentioned something along the lines of "Why did thay have to make a good idea into a belief?" I'm quite sure I phrased it very wrongly... but... yeah. Not a bad film, not at all.

Life looks fun. Keep it coming!

EDIT: I got a rant up at slackers... but it's nothing much, really.

  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

ARCHIVES
December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 December 2006 January 2007

Stuff
Viv
Sam
Kakita
Pete
Raydance
Dexter