Thursday, January 1
My Silence is my Violence
 
This first day of the new year is barely even over. It's quite far from it, especially if you're living in, say, Alaska? Alas, I'm not too good with timezones. I guess it has really been a fun night, of course, rather different from the ones preceeding it, even in venue alone, but no way am I going to nitpick and compare, for as long as we had fun in familiar company, that was good enough already. But since we're in the mood for comparison (I can sense it), compared to the last say, 2-3 years, this one was better, where you feel no urge to create light conversation out of nowhere with some people while wanting to just kick back and relax with the people you do actually know. You don't actually have to waste words. Anything before 3 years ago... am not too sure, can't exactly place all the occurances for sure. But I quite believe the first 1 or 2 were the beautiful ones too. Maybe the lack of alcohol helps?

And yes, the first day isn't even over, but yet the first tears of the new year have been shed. Twice. It's not that I couldn't bear the over-sentimentalism of leaving the past behind (I should be rather used to it by now, except it does come over to pay me a visit once too often), or that you're in the comfort and pleasure of friends, and not common flavour Johnny-acquaintence. It's not even because of the great overwhelming influence of a grand countdown, shouting out loud, outdoing the neighbours (and your friend's little kid shouting in your ears all because of some obscure challenge you were never privy to) and just watching the previous year cumulating into pure arithemtic and champagne. It's not the sadness of leaving on a roller-coaster, a jet-plane, a horse-with-no-name or being left behind, away from the past and the people you wish would never feature again, except as guest stars in the tragi-comedy where they spill hot tea on themselves.

Twice the tears were shed, and both had very different reasons. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

WWES:HCTP - Playing multi-player with friends is always funny. It can't not be funny. But this time, the work of one (mad)man made things really bad. It's interesting to see how the create-a-wrestler function can be used to create such horrific violations of nature. I bet Michael Jackson uses it to come up with his new looks, but seriously, I can't write it out to say how dumb it was, except I was tearing to the point of crying, and my abs were spasming. It was that bad.

GITS:SAC - I should have been very prepared for this. I had been warned, far ahead, for perhaps a month or 2. But of course, for sentimental old me, that was never enough. Perhaps some of you might still be tempted to catch this rocking series, so I shan't reveal what exactly happened, but then again, knowing what would happen still caused me to go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" like Batou going "MOTOKOOO!!!!!!!!!". It's a little sad that the last episode seemed a little too tidy so that the next season mostly starts on a new slate.

Okok, back to programming. Nerds and geeks love programming!

  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

ARCHIVES
December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 December 2006 January 2007

Stuff
Viv
Sam
Kakita
Pete
Raydance
Dexter