Thursday, January 15
Why is your Light Going Out?
 
I blog 3 time today! Woot!

I'll try to keep it simple again.

Giovanni Trapattoni might be joining Spurs. I would love to hear this confirmed. I might not know much italian football, but one thing's for sure: It'll be better than Pleat, for the sole reason that now the players know that they're really at risk. Seems that he comes with some respect too.

Ok, first things first, the whole ignorable part of the blog slightly below was in some sense a reply to Dys' blog about basically well yeah whatever. I don't know. I went out, and I still did some thinking, some of which made me feel emotions. Now, of course, I'm actually a softie at heart, but yeah. I mean, it's these kind of people, holding their Rushdies (urgh, could anybody so lauded be more unreadable?) and what have yous, waving them in the air, and then later deciding that in no way should a comic ever win a World Fantasy Award again. That might have been a few years ago, but it sure pisses me off. It sounds like the parents who wave the Silas Marners (I'll read this one day) and the Thus Spoke Zarathustras (this one maybe not) at their kids, asking them why they while their time away on their Sunday Funnies or waste their time by trying to draw Superman in some new-fangled costume, or Wonder Woman in some new-bangled one. It might not exactly be the same thing, and I'm quite possible just putting 2 rather far out things close together cos they piss me off in the same way. I have been surrounded by quite many people so happy and willing to show off their intellectual superiority that... it just really irks. Yes, I must admit that I can be a showoff, I can be an ass. But at least I know it when I do it. Those moments bug me, whether I admit it or not. There's no such thing as equality, never was, but I pity the fool with the high IQ and the low EQ. You might grow up pretty successful, probably more than little me, but at least I might just turn out to be more socially acceptable, flawed as I am. I sure don't wanna die like Socrates.

No, I wasn't insulting Clay. I wanted to see if you would notice. Ok, I was just making jibes.

I mentioned wanting to dance, and then I get this. Now I am enlightened and shall dance forever. (The "this" is a link)

Peter Pan. I'm amazed how many people decide to pan it. Yes, it is, at it's very roots, a kid's movie. But I sure heard more adults laughing than the kids screeching. LOTR, is already so much more gay, but yet the moment I mention Peter Pan it appears that I have become both gay AND paedophilic at the same time. It suddenly seems as if watching a "Kid Movie" is suddenly way less respectful than watching Cameron Diaz in The Sweetest Thing or American Wedding or even Scary Movie. I bet some people would rather watch Underworld again, for it is for adults, than even stand near the queue for Peter Pan. It appears as if for a movie to be good, it now has to be sei, and not only that, it must appear sei from the beginning. It has to have blood and violence or large armies marching at each other. Well, a one-handed pirate and his jolly crew fighting off a barely dressed boy is not sei, then. No, it wasn't sei sei, but it was cool.

And let's look at one thing I forgot to mention: The special effects. The point when the kids start flying is already gazillion times more realistic than the third installment of The Matrix and it's dragonball fights. The point where Hook spins makes so much more sense than Gandalf's little jiggy on the floor of Saruman's chamber. It's good to see them making sense of technology, using things at the right moment, and never, ever zooming in on a cg of a human being. I know there's not one big wow moment in the movie, but it is a series of wows, little, smaller ones, but so, so amazing. Oh! And Jason Isaacs as the villian... from Lucius Malfoy to this, he's sure trying to give Gary Oldman a run for the money. But still a little far from Christopher Lee, at least in sheer volume.

You don't have to watch it if you don't want to. It's alright. But I'll probably catch it again.

Edit: Here's a hilarious review of a really bad game and here's some armour you can buy if you have spare change and like Halo.

  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

ARCHIVES
December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 December 2006 January 2007

Stuff
Viv
Sam
Kakita
Pete
Raydance
Dexter