Monday, January 1
Happy New Year!
 
To all those who keep me in mind, worry about me, let me make you fret, to all those who pray for me and love me and care for me and would only want the best for me:

I thank you for being there for me in whatever matter or form you're in, and here's to a great 2007 together, filled with joy, peace, hope and love - let us continue to grow together.

This will be our year.
----------

And I think it's starting now! Got an email out of the blue... I won't talk so much about it right now, but suffice to say I'm really excited. Feel free to ask me what it's about.

Quite a different way to spend the new year for me - spent it dressed up (all faux retro) at my church countdown, and really had lots of fun just fooling around even with my belly hanging out from here all the way to my other blog. Then it was off to Alex's HUGE house... for a nap, on the most part, then more sleeping. Washing the gel out of my hair took ages.

----------

Right now I'm playing my good old New Year's anthem This Will Be My Year by Semisonic... It's been kinda like a tradition of sorts to play it at least once (most likely on repeat) and there's only been 1 year I didn't do it since I got the song. Interesting year, 2005. Still not quite sure what the song means, but the title line just gets me going :)

This Will Be My Year
Semisonic

Thursday’s crush is a friday night rush
And a monday morning cry
It’s the tail that you keep chasing
And it gets away every time

New years eve and it’s hard to believe
Another zodiac’s gone around
While you drank yourself high on hoping
And watched the ceiling spin from the ground

Counting down from ten it’s time
To make your annual prayer
Secret santa in the sky
When will I get my share

Then you tell yourself
What you want to hear
Cause you have to believe
This will be my year

Pound your fist and cross it off your list
But you know you’re not that strong
When the man at the stop light catches you
Singing along to a brand new song

Well maybe it’s
Trash or the overnight smash that brings your
Ship crashing through the wall
So you can make your grand departure
From a world getting way too small

One wheel in the ditch another
Spinning in the air

Put your pedal down to the floorboard but you’re not
Getting anywhere

Then you tell yourself
What you want to hear
Cause you have to believe
This will be my year

  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

ARCHIVES
December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 December 2006 January 2007

Stuff
Viv
Sam
Kakita
Pete
Raydance
Dexter